Monday, July 03, 2006

What's this all about, anyway?

So, first blog entry on the subject of Organic Application Development. Took long enough to get off the ground, but the 2006 CFUNITED conference helped to solidfy some of the more "floaty" concepts that I've been batting around.

Let me first be sure to state that I don't have a background in computer science or engineering. I'm an environmental scientist by training, and a computer geek by passion. I'm also extremely interested in the study of complex systems. I find that the EnvSci training helps immensely when considering the enterprise in terms of software development -- but more on that to come later.

Anyway, this concept of Organic Application Development has been brewing for several years, and I think I've finally got it to the point where I can start describing the details in a simple, straightforward manner.

So, more to come as time, structure and reason allow -- stay tuned!

No comments: